Bonjour lecteurs! Already feeling like you could do with a break? Moi aussi! I have been a bit ill lately and I am already exhausted after going back to work. So we are planning our next half-term a bit earlier this time. We have not had a proper holiday abroad for a long time. Last Summer, we went to Norfolk and 2017 was focused on looking for a house. So I am in need of a sunny destination I think! We were lucky to visit both NYC and Gran Canaria back in 2015 and I fancy going back there at some point… Never been there yourself? Maybe those 7 Places to Visit in Gran Canaria will make you think so? Let us know if you decide to take the plunge and go to some fabulous Gran Canaria holidays!
Do you know Gran Canaria?
Gran Canaria is one of Spain’s Canary Islands, off northwestern Africa.
Très célèbre for its black lava and white sand beaches, it’s one of the most popular destinations if you fancy a lazy holiday including some sun and some fabulous cocktails!
Some of the beaches include Playa del Inglés and Puerto Rico but if you prefer something a bit quieter, you will definitely love Puerto de Mogán and San Agustín.
Fan de shopping like Frenchie Mummy? You have to check out the capital city Las Palmas. It’s a great spot for duty-free purchases!
Our experience in 2015
Grumpy Boyfriend and I were lucky to go to Gran Canaria in 2015 and we loved it!
Not only I got a nice tan (well, kind of as I tend to get red more than getting properly tanned…), but we also had some great relaxing time!
Amongst other activities here are a few things I did:
- I relaxed by the pool and read some books
- I pretended I was a star trying to avoid the paparazzi
- I actually changed my mind and decided to pose for the camera like a diva (Baba is not the only one in the Frenchie house!)
- I tasted some nice food
La vie de rêve! But it was long before becoming a mummy and I would love to go back there with le bébé. So I asked many people what to visit when we return to Gran Canaria and I put it all together just for you. So that you get tempted to book yourself a holiday in le paradis!
7 Places to visit in Gran Canaria
- Las Palmas Cathedral is great to have a look around. Plus, you get a great view from the tower – www.householdmoneysaving.com
- A day trip on a camel ride, followed by an encounter with dolphins – www.onefrazzledmum.com
- Palmitos Park – parrots, dolphins, reptiles, monkeys, aquarium… So much to see! – www.digitalmotherhood.com
- The sand dunes at Maspalomas if you fancy pretending you are Lawrence of Arabia- www.happymummy.co.uk
- For some romantic time without the kids, have an evening walk along the promenade at sunset. Walk from the lighthouse of Maspalomas to the Meloneras beach. There you can enjoy a fresh pint of a wonderful evening. – www.thehomemakersjournal.com
- Go to The crocodile park zoo if you fancy a thrill! It offers the largest collection of crocodiles in Europe… It’s not just all about them though. There’s monkeys, birds, tigers etc. Most have been rescued before arriving at the zoo – www.ourbucketlistlives.co.uk
So, are you getting tempted now? We have already visited some places with Grumpy Boyfriend, but I will make sure to go to others we have not!
What attraction do you fancy the most on this list? Are there any other places you saw once that we forgot?
Thanks for reading 7 Places to Visit in Gran Canaria!
Disclosure: This is a collaborative post.