Bonjour lecteurs! So this it, we are moving house! It’s very exciting news but also a scary thought… After having lived in London for nearly a decade, we are now thinking it’s time to change it all and leave the “The Big Smoke”. Since making the decision to look for a new place, I have been getting on a crazy cleaning and decluttering spree. New furniture for our future place? Ticked! Getting a Man With a Van? Checked out with Shiply. Actually, we might need two of them to be able to handle my shoes’ collection 🙂 So I feel pretty prête! But what about the big day? What will we do with Baba and how will we make it as easy and safe as possible for him? We asked around and here are 15 Fabulous Tips To Move House With a Toddler!
So if you are moving soon or thinking about it, but putting it off because of your little one, we have it all to get you reassured! Happy déménagement as we say in the Frenchie land!
- Move house when you are pregnant as you can do very little which is perfect and so relaxing! – www.twinderelmo.co.uk
- Make sure to take them to the new place leading up to the big day so that it’s not a total shock – www.jakijellz.com
- Keep one box of their essentials (comforter/Teddy/favourite cup etc) and yours (kettle, toothbrush, dry shampoo) separate from everything else and easily accessible. It helps to have the basics for tea/coffees/snacks prepared too – www.bettertogetherhome.com
- Make sure when you get in, you set up their room first using the same bedding etc from the old house (not clean sheets) so it looks and smells familiar by bedtime – www.tippytupps.com
- Hide some toys they like but they can live without a few weeks before the move. Once in their new room, they will love familiar but kind of new feeling toys to play with – www.justaveragejen.com
- Stick to their normal routine as much as possible – www.sophiesnursery.com
- Make an agreement with yourself and the family that you will sit down and stop at a certain point in the day ideally with a bottle of your favourite tipple Eh oui, j’adore le vin! – www.kateonthinice.com
- Send them off for the day with some family or friends. They will have a brilliant time and will miss all the stress of removal men and last minute packing – www.mamacatandbabybee.com
- If you can’t, give them little jobs to do like packing Tupperwareare into a cardboard box, taping it up and drawing pictures on the box. It keeps them busy and they feel involved! – www.onesmallhuman.co.uk
- Baby carriers and slings are your friends if you can’t get someone to watch your toddler – www.geegardner.co.uk
- Try to keep their routine as consistent as possible – www.themammafairy.com
- Involve little ones in having a declutter before the big day and have a car boot to make some pocket money to buy new toys for the new house – www.thriftymum.com
- Talk to them about the house and take them to at least one viewing with you before you move – www.asliceofmylifewales.com
- Get everyone involved! Invite family and friends around to get going then shut all the kids in one of the clean rooms and left them to it, lots of toys and snacks whilst you get everything cleaned and unpacked. A fun day in perspective for them as it’s like they are having a party with their friends – www.thatmummyblog.com
- Let them choose which room will be theirs before you move – www.mummysknee.com
I hope you find our 15 Fabulous Tips To Move House With a Toddler helpful. Personnellement, I already feel so more relaxed about the whole thing! Bring it on! The Frenchie family is ready to move! All we need now is to find la place parfaite!
Do you think this list of 15 Fabulous Tips To Move House With a Toddler is missing something super important? Then let us know. We need your help to make it as smooth as possible.
Tell us about your own move. What was the best about doing it with the children? And what is your worst memory about it?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post with Shiply.