It’s decided, you want to write a mummy blog. Not easy if you’ve never ever been part of the social media landscape. A bit scary even. C’est facile! Search online ‘How to become a successful Mummy Blogger’ and you will have plenty of ideas. People will tell you how to start it and become the queen of the blogging world! Here are some of my favourites tips on how to become a successful Mummy Blogger and what I made of them when I started the Frenchie Mummy blog.
- Get ideas from your audience – So I read other mummy blogs for research. Non! It’s now midnight and I have written absolutely nothing. Too tired now, off to bed…
- Understand your audience – You’re kidding me? I can’t even understand myself sometimes. My hormones are playing weird tricks on me. Happy now, moody in the next hour. Even poor Grumpy Boyfriend doesn’t know sur quel pied danser.
- Write for yourself first – Facile! I already talk a lot to myself during my endless walks to get Baba to sleep.
- Build your email list – I am yet to do this… I need to do some research ASAP! If you feel like me a bit overwhelmed by all this technical stuff, go and check out You Baba Me Mummy. She will help you for sure!
- Give stuff away – Who wants my old maternity clothes? They look brand new, I promise. I only got stuff like Isabella Oliver or Seraphine. Remember I am a sophisticated woman, right? No, wait a minute, I might be able to convince Grumpy Boyfriend to have another Mini-Me. I will actually keep mes vieilles fripes. Sorry if I disappointed anyone.
- Give away your knowledge – I have plenty to share. Don’t know if it’s of best quality though. You will have to sort it out yourself I’m afraid. Bonne chance with that by the way. I can be very chatty. Je vous previens!
- Be true to your voice – According to my friends, I am genuine, honest and funny (vraiment?). So I suppose I will just be my old self.
- Give it time – But I don’t have any!
- Write catchy headlines – Totally something I can do. But I also read that I needed to keep titles simple and easy to find in a browser. Que faire?!
- Be Yourself – Yep, that’s what I am indeed planning to do. Readers will have a true picture of Frenchie Mummy: silly, tired, witty and sometimes totally lost with new technologies.
- Keep it short – ‘A blog post is like a miniskirt.’ Got it! Will try, but as I said before, je suis une vraie pipelette.
- Make it worth referencing – Le Saint Graal! Talking about boobies’ size, stretch marks and other wonders… It’s all that people want to know, without admitting it.
Voilà what I make of ces lois sacrées. Every time I upload a post, I swear to abide by them (or not!). Now, I know what you are going to say. Frenchie Mummy is not telling you how to become a successful Mummy Blogger! Well, read again this post 🙂 I might have taken a bit the mick here, but the 12 tips listed above are definitely relevant and will for sure help you to set up a very successful blog! Try them and let me know how you get on with them!
Thanks for reading this totally not serious post about how to become a successful Mummy Blogger. I promise that I will write the significant post soon! A bientôt 🙂