You remember when I analysed the best tips ever to be a successful blogger? It was one of my first posts. Not really le premier. No, my first piece was about the surprise from my family and friends when I dared to say the word ‘mummy blogger’.
So here are the 12 tips that I found when I decided to start the Frenchie Mummy Blog. This time, no joke like the previous post. Maintenant, I will tell you what I really make out of these 12 laws sacrées. Are they really working or is it just a dream?
- Get ideas from your audience – True! By reading some posts from other mummies, I get some ideas. We are not saying copying the work from others here!
- Understand your audience – My audience is mainly made of mummies like me so I think I get it. We are worried about the same stuff, right? Feeding the baby , getting him to sleep through the night. Equally, we are conscious of not being beautiful anymore, but sometimes, we would simply love for men to disappear from planet earth.
- Write for yourself first – Well, it’s definitely what I am doing. I mean, who wants to read about my baby being super cool because he wears the best baby brands ever?
- Build your email list– Oops! Coupable! I have not done that yet. But you need to excuse me. I have to take care of a diva, sorry a very demanding baby…
- Give stuff away – You know what? I was very ironic in my first blogging tips post, but it does actually work! Both my Baker Days and Childs Farm giveaways were some of the most viewed posts. Get ready for more competitions soon!
- Give away your knowledge – I tried to do this a bit. I wrote a post with tips to survive blogging if you have a baby. We also helped mummies to find the best nursery for their enfants. But my best way to share my knowledge so far was definitely the post where I described how to handle very dirty poops! I mean, who doesn’t need this kind of information?!
- Be true to your voice – You can’t say I am not genuine! Who else would admit that they want to kill their boyfriend? Or who would admit that they are a murderer? I know, the same topic, right? I must be a bit of a psychopath… I kill (or want to kill) so many people. I better watch out! The police might come and arrest me!
- Give it time – I am sure we all did it. You publish your first post and you wonder why you only have two views (Grumpy Boyfriend who secretly wants to know if I am mentioning him, but would totally deny it when I ask him and a nosy friend who thinks I am getting bonkers). And then you see all those bloggers with thousands of views. You wonder what is wrong. But step by step, you build up your fanbase and your social media. Soon, you eventually have more people visiting your blog. It needs work! It won’t happen in a fortnight (except if you are a genius. Personally, I am not…)
- Write catchy headlines – It depends on my mood. Sometimes, my titles are very boring but personne n’est parfait! This advice is actually true. You want people to click on your post.
- Be Yourself – très similaire to number 7. I don’t need to go on about it! Frenchie Mummy, the only one for sure!
- Keep it short – I might have failed at this one, but I had no complaint from my readers so far. I reckon that as long as your post is not something like 5000 words, then you are fine! C’est bon!
- Make it worth referencing – I had someone from the Times asking me to work for them about two weeks ago. I had to refuse as I am way too busy buying matching underwear…
So here is my real opinion about those tips to succeed. I would love to hear from other bloggers what they make of them. Which one do you think is the most important? Which one doesn’t do it for you? Let me know!