It’s decided, you want to write a blog. Not easy if you’ve never ever been part of the social media landscape. A bit scary even. C’est facile! Click ‘top blogging tips’ and you will have plenty of ideas. Here are some of my favourites and what I make of it.
- Get ideas from your audience – So I read other mummy blogs for research. Non! It’s now midnight and I have written absolutely nothing. Too tired now, off to bed…
- Understand your audience – You’re kidding me? I can’t even understand myself sometimes. My hormones are playing weird tricks on me. Happy now, moody in the next hour. Even poor Grumpy Boyfriend doesn’t know sur quel pied danser.
- Write for yourself first – Facile! I already talk a lot to myself during my endless walks to get Baba to sleep.
- Build your email list – Click follow, done! I am now following a lot of other cool bloggers. Still wonder why they don’t follow me back…
- Give stuff away – Who wants my old maternity clothes? They look brand new, I promise. I only got stuff like Isabella Oliver or Seraphine. Remember I am a sophisticated woman, right? No, wait a minute, I might be able to convince Grumpy Boyfriend to have another Mini-Me. I will actually keep mes vieilles fripes. Sorry if I disappointed anyone.
- Give away your knowledge – I have plenty to share. Don’t know if it’s of best quality though. You will have to sort it out yourself I’m afraid. Bonne chance with that by the way. I can be very chatty. Je vous previens!
- Be true to your voice – According to my friends, I am genuine, honest and funny (really?). So I suppose I will just be my old self.
- Give it time – But I don’t have any!
- Write catchy headlines – Totally something I can do. But I also read that I needed to keep titles simple and easy to find in a browser. Que faire?!
- Be Yourself – Yep, that’s what I am indeed planning to do. Readers will have a true picture of Frenchie Mummy: silly, tired, witty and sometimes totally lost with new technologies.
- Keep it short – ‘A blog post is like a miniskirt.’ Got it! Will try, but as I said before, je suis une vraie pipelette. Bear with me.
- Make it worth referencing – Le Saint Graal! Talking about boobies’ size, stretch marks and other wonders… It’s all that people want to know, without admitting it.
Voilà what I make of ces lois sacrées. Every time I upload a post, I swear to abide by them (or not!).