Bonjour lecteurs! I hope you had a fab Christmas? After seeing the last Disney on Ice in Greenwich, we spent a lot of time with Grumpy Boyfriend’s family and Baba even went to the seaside! How exciting! But it is now time to reflect on our blogging journey and write our Blogging Goals 2018. This post will be a little analyse of what the Frenchie Mummy has achieved so far and we will write what we want to achieve this year. Wishing you a fabulous 2018!
2017 was a busy one!
After being on maternity leave in 2016, I returned to work in January. The blog really starting to grow just before so I was a bit dreading how I would manage it all while I was back at work. I must be honest and admit that there have been times when it was difficile to do it all and I had to let it go. It was very frustrating but hopefully, this year will be a bit different. After all. Baba is turning two in January and I am lucky he is a very independent chap.
So I can work while he is happy to play on his own. I know, I should do a bit more cleaning instead but you must do what makes you happy!!!
Some great memories
As the previous year, 2017 brought us some great memories!
- I was lucky to meet Emma Bunton and let me tell you that it was huge to me as I am a massive Spice Girls’ fan! Nevertheless, I was lucky to be invited to the bloggers’ party to celebrate her fab brand Kit and Kin and I played it très cool. Deep down, I was very excited!!!!
- I also attended some great conferences such as Britmums and Blogtacular but also a great Mumsnet Influencers’ event. Not only all of them were inspiring but I also met some fab fellow bloggers!
- I officially made it to the top 100 UK Parent Blogs according to TOTS.
- We worked with some great brands with Baba Fashionista: Owa Yurika, Ubang, The Bonnie mob, Sleep No More, Bebe Bombom and so many others! We loved those brands! En plus, the series is getting bigger each week and we have more exciting collaborations lined up for 2018 déjà!
- We now have nearly 25K followers on social media platforms.
- Over the last two month, our income from the blog really increased!
- Our 12 Days of Frenchie Christmas with £600 worth of goods was a hit with so many entries! You better enter some of the giveaways now! It is not too late!
- I took part in the Living Arrows photography project with what the Redhead said .
- And I enjoyed some great experiences! Facials, massages at home… La vie de princesse!
- Baba had his own song!
Our Blogging Goals 2017 – Achieved ou pas?
Now time to see how well we did with our Blogging Goals 2017 before deciding what we will concentrate on in 2018!
- To keep steadily growing my social platforms. I wanted to reach 10K people on Twitter, 5K on Instagram and 2K on Facebook. We have way more than 17K people following us even if I did not make it to 10K on Twitter… But I am really happy with my numbers!
- To keep writing 3 posts a week. This one is also half completed. We did not make it to 3 posts a week sometimes as I was so busy with work but I still manage to do a lot on the weekends so I am pleased with the results.
- To get a sponsor to attend my next blogging conference. We made it! And not only once but twice! We loved representing Easy Tots at Britmums and we also got a sponsor to attend Blogtacular. Hurrah!
- To make a more regular income with my blog. Completé aussi! Even though our incomes varied from a month to another, we made more than expected on average. Bien sûr, I managed to get more sponsored posts while I was on holidays, which makes sense as I had more time. October was particularly bad as I was so busy with work, but it’s a tick!
- To become a Brand Ambassador again. We are still a proud Nûby Rep (and we even have a fab giveaway with this brand right now if you fancy! It’s here so enter it maintenant!) but we did not make new deals.
- To grow my series Baba Fashionista. We can proudly say that this one is a hit as we worked with so many fab brands. I am so proud of this as it started from scratch exactly a year ago. I remember sending emails to brands and getting negative responses at first. But 2017 was fab as we worked with great names of kids’ fashion!
- To keep interacting with Facebook groups and linkies as much as I can. Let’s say we made it. I reckon I actually spent too much time on Facebook in 2017 and I would probably want to slow it down next year. I managed to join linkies such as Living Arrows, but this year will be bigger!
- To set up an email list. I am yet to do this!
- To start growing Pinterest. Another fail, but I decided that this platform is not really for me. Maybe I will change my mind plus tard? Who knows…
- To keep having good stats (ideally, a minimum of 12K page views would be great). February was dreadful in terms of views. I had to get a new routine in January as I was back to work and Baba started to go to the nursery. It was clear that I did not have as much time to promote my posts. But each month since then, we managed to get on average 20000 page views so it’s a success!
- To work with more brands and more events. Well, I will let you be the judge of this one but I think we can say we made it!
- To enjoy myself with it all. Looking back at my blog, I can say that there had been some tough times. I felt frustrated not being able to do much sometimes but after a few weeks, I got over it. Looking back at all the things we did with the blog this year, I can say that I loved doing it! And even more now when I see what we achieved in 2017!
Blogging Goals 2017 Review
So what could I say for my Blogging Goals 2017 Revie? Pardon if it is a bit boring… I have added some pictures of Baba to cheer you up and remind you why you love the Frenchie Mummy’s Blog so much LOL. It is clear to me that we have done so much!
And yet, some of my Blogging Goals 2017 did not happen, but I wonder if I did not set up too many things to do…
So I would say that I achieved 7.5 out of my 12 targets. So it’s a success rate of 62.5%. Not bad! But I am sure I could have done better! It is pretty clear that this year, I need to get myself more manageable goals to concentrate fully on them and reach them like a star! I thought long about them and here is what 2018 will be all about!
Blogging Goals 2018
- To increase my income with the blog. I am now off work, so it is time to do it properly!
- To carry on our photography project with Living Arrows. This year, I will post it weekly and pas d’excuse!
- To find a better balance between private posts and sponsored work. Last year, there have been times when I was only doing reviews because I had so little time. But I want it to be more varié.
- To grow Baba Fashionista and publish a weekly feature.
- To grow Instagram to 15 000 followers. This channel really frustrated me last year but I am going to spend more time and really hit it!
- To set up an email list. Oui, this one is back! LOL
- To learn more about blogging and the world of influencers. I will do so by reading at least 1 book per month and listening to podcasts more regularly.
- To be an active member of a blogging tribe. I want to be really involved with a Facebook group. I feel like I need to be part of a community to grow and meet more people. We are moving house and I will be in a place where I know absolutely no one so it is time to be sociable! I am already a member of Mamapreneur Revolution but I did not have time to be that involved with work. Now time to say ‘bonjour’ to people!
- To collaborate more with the hospitality industry. We loved seeing Disney on Ice and visiting the Sea Life London Aquarium and I would like to review more experiences of this type instead of products. It will be nice for the whole famille!
- To schedule more with a tool and not waste time on social media. I will purchase Socialoomph so that I am more productive.
- To be more Frenchie! Grumpy Boyfriend pointed out that I am very much British. I would like to reach a French public too and share my love for the UK to them. I am thinking about starting a section en français.
- To make it to the top 50 UK Parent Blogs according to TOTS.
So, what do you think of my Blogging Goals 2018? Do you think it is achievable?
And what will be yours? Inspire me!
I look forward to hearing your feedback!
Thanks for reading our Blogging Goals 2018. I hope it was not too boring and you enjoyed the random selection of Baba’s pictures?
Au revoir 2017 and vive 2018!!!!
Your results are really inspiring! I just launched my dad blog last week, so reading about someone with thousands of followers gives me a goal to strive for. Here’s hoping we’ll be where you are in time. Good luck on your goals!
wow good luck with it all and have fun! that is the most important
Very inspiring. I too work part time but blogging before cleaning! I really want to increase my page views and like you review experience rather than things.
So many inspiring goals – I wish you all the success, you deserve it 🙂
Wow well done! A really successful year for you. Its pretty amazing you got to meet Emma Bunton, bit jealous on that one. Good luck for 2018, I hope the success continues.
What a fabulous year for you! Well done 😀 I cannot recommend SocialOomph highly enough – I love it for Twitter x
You have some great goals! Congratulations on achieving so much last year too. I’m sure you’ll do amazing this year xx
Thanks for your very positive words.
What a tremendous year you have had. 2018 will be even bigger and better. 🙂
It is so difficult having a successful blog and a job (I am in the same boat) so you did absolutely amazing to fit all of that in and work! And look after Baba!!! don’t be too hard on yourself. Ie not written any goals yet… maybe I should although I am a bit scared about what I will write! xx
I wrote my goals as I thought that would really help me to know where I am going. I know what you mean. I did ok I think, but I am such a perfectionist… I wanted more to be honest but then again, I am never ever satisfied with what I have. thanks for your nice words xx
You have done really well. Well done. I also work as well as blog and it is hard to try and fit it in and make it all work. The instagram thing is so hard going at the moment. I want to get into vlogging and work out Pinterest this year!!
Amazing work! Well done on all your amazing achievements in 2017 – you seriously smashed it – fabulous page views and followers! Good luck for 2018!
Merci for your nice words x
I’m so jealous of your photo with Emma Bunton!! Well done on all your achievements- I’m delighted for you about the top 100 parent bloggers! Best of luck with this year’s journey!
Amazing! Well dome! Despite working really hard on my blog last year and actually making a bit of money from it tots100 has it in for me and has dropped me 200 places since this time last year! I think i’ll stop looking and just enjoy the blogging!!!
I don’t really understand how Tots works. I am just happy not to have dropped too much. But here again, I would not be too worried about it. I always had fab collabs even before being ranked well!
yes! it def helps to just enjoy what you’re doing and not worry too much re the numbers. I go up and down a lot. would like to make the top 250 this year ! x
Wow you have achieved so much in the last year. Well done! And your goals for this year sound super exciting too. I’ve got some of the same goals, especially to find a tribe and to grow and e-mail list. And hopefully Instagram – the most frustrating channel known to man. Here’s to an amazing 2018!!!! x
thanks and good luck with your goals. IG is so hard but I am working hard at it so fingers crossed I will reach 10K at some point
Fantastic work during 2017. Although you didn’t achieve all your goals you did spectacularly well on the ones you achieved.
I’m sure this year will be even more successful for you.
you’ve done amazing and I’ve followed your blog for a while now. well done for reaching your 2017 goals and heres to a fab 2018. you should be super proud. one of my aims is to really nail my Instagram this year. ive been super lazy with it! #KCACOLS
Instagram is super hard in my opinion. For me, posting constantly made a difference.
Wow, you have done so well, you should be very proud. Su x
You’ve done so amazingly well a massive inspiration to me and you’re lovely in real life! Hope to catch up soon xx
It sounds like you had a great year with plenty of awesome stats and things hit. Good luck for 2018 – scheduling more is definitely on my list!
Fab goals lovely and I’m sure you will smash them all! Your blog is fantastic and you’ve done so well with growing it, your stats are amazing! I would love to hit 10k follows on Insta this year (I have a looooong way to go), and 15k on Facebook (ambitious!). I would also love to make more money from the blog, enough to make it a full-time job would be fab #kcacols
Thanks! Good luck with your goal! 15fab! K on Facebook would be
Wow what a year and some great goals. Do let me know if you find that Facebook group, I could do with joining one too #KCACOLS
Thanks! Good luck with your goal! 15fab! K on Facebook would be
Thanks! Good luck with your goal! 15fab! K on Facebook would be fab
Aby’s group is nice and I also like Honest Mum’s.
congrats on all your success. Very well deserved! #KCACOLS
You’ve had such a fantastic year especially considering you were in work as well so you should be really proud of yourself! I wish you lots more continued success for 2018 and I’d love to read a French section on your website!
It sounds like it’s been an amazing year! Onwards and upwards in 2018! I absolutely love that highchair picture by the way. #KCACOLS
thanks! He was so happy!
You did amazing in 2017, hope the success continues for you! 🙂 Thanks for linking up with #KCACOLS hope you can join us again next time.
thanks! He was so happy!
Thanks! Hopefully, 2018 will be great too 🙂
Wow you set yourself a lots of goals and achieved so much. Well done. My blog has always been a hobby but I plan to pay more attention to it this year and see where it takes me. In terms of growth and numbers how did you manage to achieve your page views? I struggle with this! Writing more regularly I thin for me is the big one. I have plans for another business too x #kcacols
Writing some content regularly is key I think and I am not scared to share my post on Facebook groups and schedule a lot of tweets. I have some good traffic from there.
Well done sounds like 2017 was amazing for you! Fingers xd for 2018 and Happy New Year! #KCACOLS
You’ve done amazingly well lovely! Good luck for reaching your blogging goals for this year! I’m sure you’ll smash it! #KCACOLS
merci! Hopefully, we will do better than last year 🙂
I hope you really take a minute and take in all that you have accomplished! WOW! You are amazing and inspirational! Keep up the fabulous work, and keep shoing us that little baba of yours! So handsome! #kcacols xox
you are so nice! Thank you so much for this! I had a very average day… I reckon it was not only Blue Monday yesterday but Blue Tuesday too today 🙁 SO MERCI! your comment really cheered me up!!!! xox
Do you have any posts or tips on how you promote your posts? I’m always looking for new ways or places to promote my blog. #kcacols
I don’t really have any fab tips other than share your post on all your platforms even more than once on Facebook. I also share my post on some Facebook page I follow if they are relevant. I have a more general post about blogging tips if it helps? http://thefrenchiemummy.com/top-tips-to-be-a-good-blogger/ I hope it will be helpful!
Wow what a busy year – exhausted just reading about it! #KCACOLS