Bonjour lecteurs! Once you become a maman, your priorities radically change! I have always been a very feminine and girly lady. Mais since I had Baba, there is no doubt that I am taking care of myself a bit less. Bien sûr, I do have an occasional pampering session and I still love shopping. But when you become a maman for the first time, it is really busy and you might have to cope with physical downsides. Par exemple, I lost a lot of hair. There are better ways to feel wow… So here are 11 Simple Ways to Feel Sexy Again after having un bébé.
11 Simple Ways to Feel Sexy Again
- Make an effort to dress yourself up every day. You don’t have to spend hours, but nice clothes and a little bit of hair and makeup styling can go such a long way to getting your confidence back after becoming a mum – www.motherhooddiaries.com
- Do simple things like painting your fingers and toes to help you feel better about yourself – Twinderelmo.co.uk
- Take the time to shave your legs in the shower even when you can’t be bothered and use nice scented body creams after bathing to make you feel more feminine – www.themumconundrum.com
- Buy a new bra and burn the maternity one Watch out world! A new woman is in town! – www.queenbeebecca.com
- Make sure your clothes fit well! Even if you have to buy a size up. There is nothing worse than feeling bloated or uncomfortable! www.pinkpearbear.com
- Set up special date nights with your other-half and get glammed up for them: dress, high heels, make up! La totale! It will make you feel fabuleuse! – www.anklebitersadventures.co.uk
- Make sure you make time for each other. Even if it’s just 5 minutes at the end of the day in bed. Par exemple, grab a quick kiss in the kitchen while cooking dinner. Sometimes nothing than feeling loved by your hubby/ partner will make you feel like une star de cinéma! – www.mrshible.wordpress.com
- Make time to notice one another as individuals instead of maman et papa. Have couple activities such as spa dates and most importantly look after yourself. If you feel good about yourself, you’ll look good and feel sexy – www.mummywishes.com
- Do gentle exercise to start to feel like you again. The endorphins will help to make you feel good about yourself too – www.Emmareed.net
- Buy sexy lingerie every now and again – www.mimiroseandme.com
- Have a proper cut and blow dry! You leave the salon feeling like a superstar! www.allaboutamummy.co.uk
Je sais! Those 11 Simple Ways to Feel Sexy Again are not rocket science! But having a little one is overwhelming at first and it is easy to forget yourself! Plus you are both sleep-deprived! Just start with simple little things and you will find your old one again!
Feeling Sexy Again with Hunkemoller
Talking about nice lingerie, I must admit that I am more and more wearing comfy PJs and long t-shirts to go to sleep… But I was lucky to try a bit of sexy lingerie last month!
I received this Doutzen Allover Lace Top from Hunkemoller. Perfect timing for the festive season as we went away for a little bit! Packed up in my suitcase, it helped me to feel sexy again!
This top from the Doutzen collection is made of semi-transparent lace for a very feminine look.
When it arrived in the post, I was really excited. The black lace is really sexy without being it too much. It is simplement sensual without being tarty! Plus it is super comfy with the Spaghetti straps.
I also love the cute detail on the back and I can match it up with any cute pair of knickers! Having not bought lingerie made of lace for a long time, I did it and it felt fab! Frenchie Mummy was a sexy lady again! Next, all Grumpy Boyfriend will have to do is to put a ring on it. Beyoncé said it! C’est pas moi 🙂
If you fancy a bit of sexy attitude while remaining feminine, check out Hunkemoller’s Doutzen Collection still available on the website (and with sales on!). They have beautiful items for mamans to feel sexy again!
Thanks to the fabulous ladies for sharing their 11 Simple Ways to Feel Sexy Again! We know that being a maman is a busy task and it is facile to put this on the side. But there is nothing better to feel fab!
And let us know what you do to feel sexy after a bad day!
Disclosure: We received the item listed in this post for free but all opinions remain my own!
A little bit of sexy lingerie goes a long way but I also agree that making an effort daily not just on special occasions really helps too!
Great post, and so many great tips! I am forever trying to dress myself up with effort, sometimes it’s so hard, but it feels so good hahah!
I think making an effort to get up and dressed made such a difference when I first became a mum. Good underwear is always a winner as well!
I love this post!!! I think it is so easy as Mums for us to loose our sexiness and just get lost in the mum buns and comfy clothes. It’s amazing how doing little things can help!
This is so pretty and something I would have worn pre kids. I’ve definitely let myself go since having kids. I love the idea of burning the feeding bras – those things are awful haha!
You’ve got some fantastic tips here. I completely agree with ALL of them – especially having your hair cut. I’m going on Friday – can’t wait!
I am so bad at dressing properly each day especially in the Swedish winters. I just grab a long sleeved tee and wear tracky bums all day bunging on my outdoor over trousers when I head out!
I’m certainly not a sexy mama (although hubby tells me otherwise from time to time). Making an effort for a meal out, even if it’s just with family can be a big help. And you can never go wrong with decent, matching underwear.
Finding time for myself isn’t easy. Nor is finding the energy! But I do plan to look after myself more this year healthwise and a bit of pampering might help too!
I love hunkermoller and have some sleep wear from them but I agree with these tips shared on how to feel sexy again.
Great tips from everyone, and I love getting dressed up to go out with hubby. Nice to make an effort
I am so bad at treating myself to lingerie but this set looks beautiful!