Blogging. You love it. You are addicted to it. You are a mummy blogger (or any other niche of your choice if you are not a maman like me). You researched it. At first, you were scared to go for it and create your own blog. But now, you can’t live without it! D’accord, but are you that serious about it? Do you know very well all the important blogging terms?
You saw some unknown word in a Facebook group or on another post and you don’t want to look stupid and ask what is it? Our Frenchie Blogging glossary is here to help you. You are not a blogger, but curieux to check out what Frenchie Mummy is sometimes blabbering about? Scroll down the vocabulary list and find out all the deepest secrets of the top bloggers.
- Address bar: Not your local pub where you get your favourite Merlot when you go out with your family! This is the bar at the top of the webpage where you type the URL (for further explanation, you will need to read another post)
- Archive: We suggest that you have one on the side on your home page. People are noisy, they like seeing what you’ve been up to all those years and what you wrote before
- Blogger: that’s you! Well, if you are blogging bien sûr! You know this little label you struggled to use at first? And then, your blog got more and more visits so you wanted to scream it all over the place ‘Je suis une blogueuse!!!!! Check out my blog.’ What do bloggers do exactement? They ramble about stuff that matters to them. It could be anything, even a silly list full of weird words…
- Blogosphere: The wonderful group of bloggers. You do not have wands or magic potions but you have words. A lot of them. Maybe too many? Even worse, you use some Frenchie ones. Who on earth is going to get you? Sérieusement, la blogosphere (with your best Frenchie accent s’il vous plaît) is a slang to describe the world/culture of blogs on the net
- Coding: One of the naughtiest words on this list. It’s scary. You use HTML to do so. Basically, you alter your text. Don’t ask more. I am not an MI5 agent! Only James Bond knows a lot about it. For dummies like me, there are some programs that do this boring task for you. Or you can have a Grumpy Boyfriend like me to sort it out. You see, he can be handy sometimes! As I said previously, coding is like being a secret agent. That is why you will never see a picture of my partner. He must remain mysterious…
- Comments: feedback that you receive from your readers. Généralement, it’s quite nice. Mais, as my mum likes pointing it out ‘It takes all kinds to make the world’. Meaning? You will have some bad response sometimes. Be prepared. Not everyone will like your stuff. In that case, just press delete and forget about any nasty comment. After all, that’s your blog.
Enjoying it? Learning a bit more blogging vocabulary? Good. So you will be happy to know that the second part of our fabulous Frenchie blogging lexis will come soon. I would have finished it for sure, but guess what? I happen to be a maman before une blogeuse and this little thing called a baby wants my attention right now. So typical of my Baba! Don’t forget to check out our Glossary of 15 blogging terms to know – part II later on this week. If you want to make sure you don’t miss it, just subscribe to our blog. You know you want it, really!