Bonjour lecteurs! Feeding children can be hard work. Generally speaking, Baba is a good eater. So much indeed we have often been told that he was trying to eat the lunch of other children at the nursery… Like moi, he has un bon appétit. Well he can’t only have his dad’s flaws, right? But Frenchie Mummy is far from being experimental in the cuisine. Well, she cooks her bébé some amazing dishes every day and the Frenchiest ones possible: Bœuf Bourguignon, Coq Au Vin, Escargots de Bourgogne, Tartiflette… La maman is a real chef in the kitchen. She feels obliged when she is not blogging nor shopping! But this week was busy as we moved house and it was l’occasion parfaite to take the Rustlers Burger Hacking Challenge!
We Had An Empty Fridge!
Au Secours! We just arrived at our new house last Saturday and we barely had any food in the house! Plus la maman was très fatiguée after having carried (too) many boxes all day long. She was not in the mood to cook one of her famous Frenchie meals!
And when a toddler happens to be hungry, many dangerous things can happen!
- they will become moody
- the toddler will make weird noises
- 2 minutes later, he will grab your hand and point out at the fridge saying ‘more?’
- you will feel like a terrible mum but clearly, you are too busy blogging, dreaming, drinking wine or anything else way more exciting!
- the child will then become more impatient and start throwing themselves on the floor with big tears in their eyes
- exhausted, you will decide it is time to intervene and cook (isn’t it what you do most of the time these days?! The joys of being a mummy at home!)
Thank god, Frenchie Mummy happened to have some Rustlers Chicken Burgers in the house as well as some fromage! There was also a good bottle of Merlot but that was it really! Without thinking twice, la maman popped those burgers in the ovens and added a bit of cheese.
Et voilà! Le déjeuner est prêt!
Rustlers burgers saved the day! Baba got some yummy food and la maman could carry on her day (she had one too!)
Baba Takes the Rustlers Burger Hacking Challenge
Ultimately, it was a good way to take the Rustlers Burger Hacking Challenge. Frenchie Mummy likes nothing more than a good challenge! Especially un défi involving some good food. Not the sporty ones! Those are way too boring! Unless it is something related to shopping? She might consider it 🙂
But what did Baba think of the burgers would you say? Well, he had it all so I say ‘C’est un succès!‘ And yes my burgers were not super fancy but we had so little food in the house! But if you decide to take the Rustlers Burger Hacking Challenge too with your family, it can be a fun way to create some healthy meals.
Plus really, Rustlers Burgers make a quick and easy meal to cook with some affordable meat! You can make it to your taste with any toppings of your choice and create something really delicious.
If you too want to have a go and try it, follow these simple steps:
- drive to your local Tesco
- get some packs of Rustlers Chicken Burgers
- buy any other ingredients you may desire and you don’t have in the house
- go home, help yourself with a good glass of wine
- put those little things to cook
- then let the little ones have fun and create the burger of their dreams
- if your other half has been good enough this week, allow him to take part and have a burger too
- sit down (with your second glass of Merlot!) and enjoy the picture of a happy family eating a healthy meal in an empty house (if like moi, you just moved into a new place)
Et voilà! Everybody is happy and you feel like you are winning the Mummy of the Year Award. Well, it is not 100% true but it is nice to have such a feeling at the weekend!
Some Delicious Chicken Burgers Recipes
Maintenant, I know what you are going to say. I did not go far with my toppings this time. But I was too exhausted to get creative and I literally had nothing else in the house!
Not to worry, I have here some delicious chicken burgers recipes that we can try later on with another pack of Rustlers Chicken Burgers:
Inspired? Go now to your local Tesco and tell us all about your Rustlers Burger Hacking Challenge! You are welcome for giving you some stress-free meal ideas! We know how difficile la vie de maman can be so we are happy to help!
Disclosure: This post is an entry for BritMums ‘Rustlers Burger Hacking Challenge’, sponsored by Rustlers.