Being the Maman of Baba is sometimes a very stressful task. Indeed, le fameux bébé is very adventurous like his dad. I very often find the little one climbing objects in the flat or going in places where he should not even venture! So when BritMums & Elastoplast asked me what were my best strategies to soothe and cheer mon enfant after minor scrapes, cuts and other injuries, I thought I was la maman parfaite to accept this mission! Here are for you chers lecteurs, 5 ideas to turn tears into smiles with Elastoplast.
My baby loves playing outdoors… but not only!
My Baba is an adventurer. He loves discovering the world around him, even if it means it might be dangerous. The first week he started to go to the nursery, we had to sign in the accidents’ book as he managed to hurt himself while playing outside. Last week, he came back with a bad scratch on his face. Another child responded to his attack. Indeed, a new game that Baba favours at the moment is to grab faces…
We also had many incidents in the house. He snapped his fingers in the kitchen once or twice. The Frenchie Baba fell from his leather chair about 10 times. I told him that this object was made to sit in it, but he seems to think that it’s a great climbing frame 🙂
When playing in the garden, his knees are full of bruises and he always tries to climb things or grab trees. Therefore, we always end up with little scratches.
Baba seems to love doing things that he should not do. You would think that if he gets hurt once, he would learn his lesson and would not do it again. Mais non! Life would be boring if he was to do that.
Hopefully, we have not had major accidents so far. Just little bruises and minor scratches. It doesn’t stop him from screaming and making the funniest pout ever. So here are 5 ideas to make the Baba happy again.
5 ideas to turn tears into smiles
- Don’t run towards your little one and look panicked. This is probably the oldest tip you will be given if your little one hurt themselves. Of course, check they are fine and it’s not super bad. But don’t get dramatic (even if deep down, you are yourself super worried). By playing cool, it seems to make Baba thinks it’s alright and he is quick to move on and start playing again.
- Give a kiss on the injury. True, I love kissing. No wonder why! I am Frenchie. But les bisous always seem to have a magical healing power…
- Give your children a cuddle. Very often, I would grab my petit monstre to cuddle him. He would be fast to forget that he hurt himself. All he would want to do would be to escape from me! He has many things to do and other wonders to discover! No time for cuddles with Maman! She always wants to kiss him! How annoying of her…
- Distract them with some milk or food. Again, milk has some secret power that I can’t always compete with. Put a bottle of milk in his mouth and the injury is fast forgotten! I must admit that if you give me some chocolate if I hurt myself, it would definitely help the pain… Ok, this idea might not show my best parenting skills, but it works! Fact!
- Last but not least! Probably the most important for your to keep sane… Once you made sure that your little one is fine, pass them on your other half (after all, he can also do a bit of parenting) and pour yourself a large glass of wine... You had a lot of emotions, so you need to reward yourself! Obsessed with wine, moi? Mais non 🙂
Elastoplast is here to help you turning tears into smiles!
Don’t forget to have some plasters around every time you play outside! Of course, Maman is the best to heal her little ones when they are in a pickle. But fun plasters like Elastoplast are here to help too! After all, Elastoplast has been sold in many countries since 1924.
They must have helped many mummies in dangerous situations. Apart from plasters and wound dressings, its product range includes well-tried as well as original products that offer soothing from foot problems, sports injuries, pains and strains. What a relief! You know what it means? More wine for Frenchie Mummy!
Thanks for reading our 5 ideas to turn tears into smiles with Elastoplast. I hope you found this post at least funny or useful! Please share with us your fab tips to soothe your little ones!
Disclosure: This post is an entry for the BritMums #TearsintoSmiles Challenge, sponsored by Elastoplast.