Bonjour lecteurs! If you follow us on Instagram, you may have heard that we have a huge series of Mother’s Day giveaways so make sure you check it out! Non sérieusement, if you saw our pictures there, you might have noticed that Frenchie Mummy appeared a bit more in the feed 🙂 La maman française recently visited a cult Frenchie attraction! And in this Survival Kit, we tell you how to do Disneyland Paris with Toddlers so that you have the best time ever! Because kids are unpredictable… And when you are off, you really want to enjoy yourself too! In our 5 Tips to Enjoy Disneyland Paris with Toddlers, we tell you how to rock it!
Book your Eurostar Tickets
No need to stress out about driving and crossing the border. Eurostar is fab. From Ashford, it took us less than 2 hours to arrive at the destination in the comfort of the train. Le plus, while you wait to board le train, it is literally full of kids so your little one can make new friends and you can catch up on Facebook! Free and easy! I swear Baba found 2 friends in less than 20 minutes. Life is so easy for toddlers sometimes…
Once on the train, it is comfy and you can enjoy some Merlot while le bébé is:
- Playing with his dad, pulling his hair, climbing on him instead of you
- Enjoying some Disney cartoons on the tablet
- Not leaving his dad alone. You are loving this new freedom, right? Top up your glass now 🙂
- Eventually falling asleep
More wine, more social media, more gossip magazines! Great start to the holiday!
Stay at the Disneyland Hotel
Don’t bother with a cheaper option. You will regret it and you will miss out on so much fun! The staff is amazing, the place looks like a castle from one of their movies and you get free chocolate every day when your room is cleaned! Hurrah! I can actually get used to this kind of life…
Plus the bathroom is super gorgeous (we had little piggies on the wall! How fancy is that!?) with a maxi king size bed. Super handy if you decide to have a big family cuddle!
The breakfast is délicieux. Baba made the most of the brioches and had a couple of Frenchie madeleines.
Frenchie Mummy had no choice but to forget about her diet (why to make your life more difficult than necessary, right?) and she secretly enjoyed the extra cuddles with Mickey while eating dinner at the Invention Restaurant.
Book a table while you stay at Disneyland Paris. It is worth every penny!
While you stuff your face (literally what Baba and I did! Pourquoi pas!?), Disney characters come around for cuddles and photos. Once more, c’est merveilleux as you can have more wine. The little one is too busy with all of that!
And if you want some fancy cocktails, head off to the Fantasia café for a fab atmosphere.
Not to forget the pool with the spa! You can sneak off there for a little sauna while your other-half take care of the kids.
Invite some family to take over
If yet, you have not had enough free time, why not taking your mum with you so that she can look after the kiddies and you can do the grown-up rides? Don’t forget to book some fast track tickets so that you don’t have to queue 1 hour or more!
Family members are also handy to entertain les enfants while you have a coffee and you can have a good catch up. Both Frenchie Mummy and Frenchie Granny had some serious conversation!
Don’t miss the Parade or the Nighttime Show
We know all the famous rides and I will not bore you with those. The Tea Cups are fun, the Buzz Lightwear Laser Blast will get you super competitive and Star Wars Hyperspace Mountain will make you want to date a Star Trooper or peut-être un Jedi?
But what you need to see is the Parade so that you can say you ticked the box. Personnellement, je préfère the Nighttime Show. Easy to find a good spot to see it, you can even enjoy it more than once if you are staying a couple of nights! We did not make it that far as the bar at the hotel was very tempting…
Enjoy the Season of The Force
Until the 25th March 2018, the most epic of Star Wars adventures takes over both Disney Parks with more intergalactic immersions than ever before. This is the Season of The Force! And the entire Frenchie family loved it!
- Grumpy Boyfriend got himself a new mug so that he can carry on dreaming that he is a Jedi
- Baba had some intense conversation with his new Star Wars Teddy
- And Frenchie Mummy enjoyed the First Order March! Well, she did not see much of it as she is too small but it sounded good!
5 Tips to Enjoy Disneyland Paris with Toddlers- Last Randome Ones
- Bring your own food if you want to avoid long queues in the restaurant. Maybe book it in advance if you can?
- Bring your own buggy. It can be a long day and your toddler will have some naps for sure!
- Try the Train or the Boat. It is a nice break when you walk all day long!
- Get yourself a souvenir but be careful when shopping! It is magical and you might get tempted! Literally, it was like Baba had no toys at all back home. He managed to come back with a lot of food, two new teddies, a bag full of toys and some Star Wars souvenirs! But the force was with Frenchie Mummy and she was a good girl! For once, she did not shop too much!
- Book a character experience in advance. So magique!
- Fantasyland is probably your best friend as there are more rides for this age range. If you have only one day, don’t worry about the Walt Disney Studio Park. It’s more for grown-ups in my opinion!
I hope you enjoyed reading our 5 Tips to Enjoy Disneyland Paris with Toddlers. This short survival kit should keep you safe. Bring on the food, and le vin! After all, you are in France so you are allowed! That’s it!
Disclosure: We were invited for free to spend a long weekend in Disneyland Paris. All opinions are our own. Enjoy your trip there if you decide to go and don’t forget about the Season of The Force! It is soon to be over…