Bonjour lecteurs! Since moving to Ashford, we are always on the lookout for new places to visit. After going many times to the beach and visiting the Port Lympne Wildlife Park, it was time to do something a bit more manly! Oui, Baba is always happy to be cultural in Rochester or to go shopping at the Local Outlet Shopping Outlet. But if there is something he likes to do, it is getting mucky and tractors! Well, c’est parfait as we live in the country! And to please him further, I booked us to go to another fab place. Here is for you our Frenchie Diggerland Kent Review.
Diggerland is a playful amusement park full of life-sized diggers and more fun engines and rides for the whole family to enjoy. Award-winning attraction, we visited our local park in Kent but you can also join in the fun in Devon, Durham and Yorkshire.
Like many other places, you can book your tickets in advance online for a cheaper price, but the general admission is a bit less than £20. If you have a builder in the house or fancy going as often as possible, annual passes are only £69.99.
Compared to other theme parks we have been to in the past, it is much cheaper so I was expecting something cute and small. Well, quelle erreur!
Diggerland Kent Review – First Impressions
To my surprise, the park in itself is quite big! We stayed over 4 hours and we did not even do it all! More importantly, there is something fun to do for everyone!
There is even a children soft play area! So very little ones can have fun too! Without mentioning the Little Tikes Wheelz Play Zone where we spent a bit of time! You bet that with dirt diggers and dump trucks, Baba was to check it out!
So Many Rides
Eventually, we managed to move away from that cool part of the park and we got properly started. As Baba is a just about 90 cm, he could not go on his own on some rides. But it did not stop the fun! Au contraire, he was very happy to drive the robots with his dad and pretend he was the king of the castle! The boys also enjoyed the Dumper Trucks.
It was quite a long track and I could see that Baba was in heaven!
I made the most of the little train. It was indeed very nice to be able to have a look at the whole park while comfortable sitting down.
And because I am a bit of an adventurer, I also had a blast at the Dodgems (you need to pay extra for those. £1/ride).
Overall, the park is really well presented and easy to do as a circuit.
Diggerland Kent Review – 5 Things We Liked
- Genrally, queues were very short, no more than 5 minutes for each rides so you can easily enjoy each activity twice or more if you fancy
- There is so much to do for each age. The entrance tells you if you can be on it. And to be honest, I was very impressed with the selection for little ones. Baba being a toddler and measuring about 90 cm, he had his bit of fun! He could go on so many rides! As long as you are accompanied by an adult, many are safe!
- All the drives are featured with real-sized diggers and trucks so I can tell you that it is mega exciting for little boys like Baba!
- Compared to other theme parks, it is a good price, given that you can do rides more than once if you want, it is a nice day out for the family without being too expensive. Plus, you do not need to pay for the car park! And you can bring your own food (picnic possible) if you want to lower the cost.
- The entire place looks well looked after and not shabby like some places that would charge you way more!
Diggerland Kent Review – Le verdict
Overall, we were very pleased with our visit to Diggerland Kent.
It is a nice place for children of all ages to have fun. There is so much to keep them busy and the queues are not ridiculous. Too often when you go to a theme park, you spend most of the time queuing for a 2 minutes ride.
We only waited more than 15 minutes for one ride (the Robots). They had a problem with one and quite frankly, with only 4 in service while 3 others were on the side, it could have been faster. But maybe they did not use them all for security reasons?
Plus, the place is very family friendly: clean baby change area and toilet, café and food available, there is also plenty of space to sit down and relax with a picnic if you fancy!
It is a nice way to spend some family time in the outdoors and get them to drive, play, ride, run and more!
The place is built within a simple circuit so that you can be sure you will not miss a single ride! And the queues are so short, you can go crazy and go twice! So that you can make the most of your money!
We will definitely come back.
Thanks for reading our Diggerland Kent Review! We love checking out local places and tell you all about it!
Kent revealed itself to be really interesting so far! Who would have thought you could do so much out here!!? See you soon for more adventures in the South-East of England with Baba and Grumpy Boyfriend 🙂
Disclosure: With thanks to Diggerland for inviting us for free to visit the park.