Bonjour lecteurs! As you already know, Baba is always up for an adventure! So when we heard about a Baby Swimming Class with Baby Dove & Water Babies, we had to attend such a cool event! Plus Baba was very much looking forward to showing off his amazing Slipfree Shoes that he tried for the first time while we went to Disneyland Paris last month! Have you already been to a Baby Swimming Class? We never attended one and we had so much fun!
A Good Skincare for Your Baby Matters!
If like Baba, your little one has a sensitive skin, you better be selective about the skincare brand you are using.
Did you know that the top layer of the skin is 30% thinner in babies? Wow! Plus your bébé loses moisture up to 5 times faster than adults! It’s also with more acidic pH than the adult skin. In other words, it is more fragile! That is why the whole Baby Dove range is gentle.
Building on Dove’s 60-year heritage of moisture, mildness and gentle care, Baby Dove is said to go beyond mildness to replenish essential moisture and nutrients in the baby skin. Parfait! Fragrance-free to take extra special care of babies (especially those with sensitive skin like Baba), all its range is designed to be kind to our dear cherubs.
Our little ones’ skin needs extra care especially when you go swimming with them because the chemicals used in the water are quite aggressive so this brand is fab!
Some Tips For Baby Swimming Skincare
We love Baby Dove as its range is very soft on Baba’s skin. Actually, if you read our Baby Dove Sensitive Range Review we wrote last year, you would have probably seen that Baba is a huge fan of its products. Frenchie Mummy even steals a bit of his body wash when le bébé is not looking. After all, it smells so lovely and leaves my skin silky and healthy!
But did you know that when you go swimming with your little one, you better be careful? I know what you must be thinking, right? ‘Bien sûr! You better be extra cautious Frenchie Mummy!’ After all, babies’ skin is very delicate and you better protect it from the chlorine and disinfectants from the pool water! But how? Well, we listened to the experts and here are some tips!
- Gently rinse the baby before swimming with warm water. It helps to reduce the amount of pool water absorbed by the baby’s skin while they are having fun!
- Once the skin is dry, apply some moisturising lotion. It will form an extra layer that protects your little one’s epiderm!
- Make sure to rinse your bébé after the swimming session. Plus you can wash off much any chlorine while having fun!
- After drying, apply a generous dose of moisturising lotion and massage their body! Indeed, you can recreate the natural skin barrier.
You see, I knew that it was important to wash off after going to the pool, but I did not know that applying some moisturising lotion prior to getting into the water was recommended!
And that is not the only thing I discovered while going to this fabulous Baby Swimming Class with Baby Dove & Water Babies!
Some tips for a Successful Swimmer!
- Starting as early as possible is great. After all, our little ones love being in the water and it’s like second nature to them
- Plus when they are little, they are not scared
- Come prepared with the right equipment: a fancy swimsuit and some cool accessories. It was a hit when we turned up with our special shoes for water!
- When it is bathtime, allow you bébé to make some bubbles. It will prepare them to breathe under the water and will take off any fears for when they are bigger!
The advantages of Swimming
To be honest, I don’t see myself as a great swimmer and every time Baba was at the swimming pool, I was quite happy for Grumpy Boyfriend to spend most of the time with Baba. La maman always felt like he was stronger and more confident, so it was safer for le Frenchie baby.
But attending this Baby Swimming Class with Baby Dove & Water Babies was such a great experience!
- It really helps to bond with your little one. I had so much fun in the water with Baba!
- The activities were short and fun so that we were all engaged
- You can meet new mums’ friends!
- It boosts confidence (I was lacking beaucoup of it when I was little. Simply because my parents did not take me to swimming classes. Indeed, I learnt it quite late compared to my peers!)
- It’s proven to help your baby sleeping patterns I say hurrah for that!
- And very importantly, it helps get strong heart and lung functions so it is always a plus, right?
Baby Swimming Class with Baby Dove & Water Babies
So what are you waiting for?! Go and check out where are your local Baby Swimming Lessons taking place with Water Babies!
And don’t forget to pack up not only snacks (après l’effort le réconfort as we say in Frenchie or after effort comes comfort in anglais) but also some good Baby Dove products to get your little ones’ skin ready and protected!
And have fun! For sure, both Baba and Frenchie Mummy had a blast during this Baby Swimming Class with Baby Dove & Water Babies!
If you want to read more about baby skincare, have a look at Baby Dove.
Thanks for reading about our last adventure and share with us what is the best memory you have from your kids swimming!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post written in collaboration with Dove and Water Babies.
Pictures are the courtesy of Opperman Photography
One thing I regret is not taking the kids swimming more when they were little. These are some fantastic tips for keeping their precious skin happy.
Three of mine have been to Water Babies. I loved it. The youngest 2 have never had the chance.
I’ve used the Baby Dove range and it’s FAB!!! 😀
Aww such beautiful photos! I love swimming with my daughters and we are also big fans of the Dove Baby range 🙂
Swimming is such a super activity to do with the kiddies, and baby dove is deffo needed after to keep the skin fresh x
You’ve reminded me that we really need to take our boys swimming again. We haven’t been in almost a year!
Thank you for this, I have all the gear ready for jasmine to go swimming but had no idea I had to moisturise her skin first (bad mummy) will definitely be getting some baby dove before we go!! 🙂
Bebe really does look like he loved his swimming, my kids love it too! And thanks for the tips for protecting their sensitive skin, very useful indeed.
I can honestly say, I know that taking your children swimming at a young age pays off. Now, my daughter really loves swimming and is going from strength to strength. I really enjoyed this post.
Thanks for Sharing.
I wish I had taken Luke swimming more when he was really little. I read that newborn babies are amazing little swimmers! My second baby is due in July so I think I will have to look into baby swimming classes for us!