Blogging. You love it. You are addicted to it. You are a mummy blogger (or any other niche of your choice if you are not a maman like me). You researched it. At first, you were scared to go for it and create your own blog. But now, you can’t live without it! D’accord, but are you that serious about it? Do you know very well all the important blogging terms?
You saw some unknown word in a Facebook group or on another post and you don’t want to look stupid and ask what is it? Our Frenchie Blogging glossary is here to help you. You are not a blogger, but curieux to check out what Frenchie Mummy is sometimes blabbering about? Scroll down the vocabulary list and find out all the deepest secrets of the top bloggers.
- Address bar: Not your local pub where you get your favourite Merlot when you go out with your family! This is the bar at the top of the webpage where you type the URL (for further explanation, you will need to read another post)
- Archive: We suggest that you have one on the side on your home page. People are noisy, they like seeing what you’ve been up to all those years and what you wrote before
- Blogger: that’s you! Well, if you are blogging bien sûr! You know this little label you struggled to use at first? And then, your blog got more and more visits so you wanted to scream it all over the place ‘Je suis une blogueuse!!!!! Check out my blog.’ What do bloggers do exactement? They ramble about stuff that matters to them. It could be anything, even a silly list full of weird words…
- Blogging: the activity of writing about anything, even a pair of sunglasses that you bought for your baby. Topics can be diverse and sometimes totally ridiculous. I mean, who would write about cooking a Bœuf Bourguignon without a casserole! Only Frenchie Mummy…
- Blogosphere: The wonderful group of bloggers. You do not have wands or magic potions but you have words. A lot of them. Maybe too many? Even worse, you use some Frenchie ones. Who on earth is going to get you? Sérieusement, la blogosphere (with your best Frenchie accent s’il vous plaît) is a slang to describe the world/culture of blogs on the net
- Coding: One of the naughtiest words on this list. It’s scary. You use HTML to do so. Basically, you alter your text. Don’t ask more. I am not an MI5 agent! Only James Bond knows a lot about it. For dummies like me, there are some programs that do this boring task for you. Or you can have a Grumpy Boyfriend like me to sort it out. You see, he can be handy sometimes! As I said previously, coding is like being a secret agent. That is why you will never see a picture of my partner. He must remain mysterious…
- Comments: feedback that you receive from your readers. Généralement, it’s quite nice. Mais, as my mum likes pointing it out ‘It takes all kinds to make the world’. Meaning? You will have some bad response sometimes. Be prepared. Not everyone will like your stuff. In that case, just press delete and forget about any nasty comment. After all, that’s your blog.
Enjoying it? Learning a bit more blogging vocabulary? Good. So you will be happy to know that the second part of our fabulous Frenchie blogging lexis will come soon. I would have finished it for sure, but guess what? I happen to be a maman before une blogeuse and this little thing called a baby wants my attention right now. So typical of my Baba! Don’t forget to check out our Glossary of 15 blogging terms to know – part II later on this week. If you want to make sure you don’t miss it, just subscribe to our blog. You know you want it, really!
You seem to know a lot, you could be a spook .. 🙂
haha merci x
Great post and funny
The perfect blogging dictionary 🙂 Coding is definitely the scariest one on the list! x
This is awesome! Thank you for sharing 🙂
Super helpful! Thanks!
Comments are my favorite part. I don’t go anywhere near coding. 😉
Me neither haha
Hehe, the coding description made me laugh! I’ve just started dabbling into writing some of my own code now that I’ve gone self-hosted, and it really is a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing <3
Here’s one for you: The Three Finger Salute (Cntrl, Alt, Del) for when it all goes horribly wrong. Sure many people would find such a glossary very useful. By the way, I’ve just returned from #eflunet5 in Paris. I didn’t realise this was such a big thing in France! It was the first year it went international and had non-french people in attendance. Write up on the blog very soon. #brilliantblogposts
Hope you had a good time
great. And the list does go on, doesn’t it..;)
Hi, a great blogging dictionary and a helpful resource. Coding is a no go for me though, Chloe, https://pinkiebag.com/
I was curious to see how many of these terms I still didn’t know after a year and a half. 100% Go me. Having an archive bar or a place for recent posts is very important. Lets people nose around a bit if they like whatever brought them to you to begin with. Still know next to nothing about coding #brilliantblogposts
I’m loving this! And the Franglais. I love to speak a mish mash having done languages at uni. Thanks for the vocab, tres utile!
super français , thanks for reading x
Genius! And you translate it all so well, in easy to swallow tid bits. I knew most, but still have a lot of work to do! Thanks so much! #EatSleepBlogRT
haha I am sure you are an expert, thanks for reading x
Love this! My blogging vocabulary knowledge is minimal if referring to anything technical. Great list 🙂 A x #eatsleepblogRT
Haha love that definition of coding! Spot on, if you ask me! #GlobalBlogging
Merci, so happy to see that I am not the only one! x
Really interesting post. I’ve had my site for over a year now but there is so much I don’t know or perhaps I don’t want to know. I just want a platform where I can write my inane ramblings! #eatsleepblogrt
haha I understand what you mean. I am a bit the same.
Cant wait to read part 2 of the blogging terms, its helpful for new bloggers like #GlobalBlogging
I will publish it soon! When my rubbish internet lets me do so ?? xx
HeHe, I too have a (grumpy) boyfriend that does all the html coding stuff for me too! Too scary for me.
Men are so useful haha x
CODING is my nightmare. Awesome list to get the bloggers to feeling a bit more in the know. =) #HappyNowLinkUp
me too! But I am getting there. Slowly but surely… Thanks for reading x
The coding one! So funny.
Yeah I stay far far away from any of that manual jazz.
Thanks for linking up to #globalblogging lovely
thanks for having me again x
Very cute. I love your humor and taking a serious topic and making it funny.
merci! I hope to see you again
Such a fun list! Though if you find HTML daunting, getting into the CSS code can be downright terrifying! Thanks for linking up with us again at the #happynowlinkup!
Oh I have not started it yet… I will wait a bit for that x
This is very interesting read! I just moved my blog from Blogger to WordPress so I understand the importance of putting all the points you mentioned into action when blogging. I love coding because I enjoy doing things that look a bit tricky?
and I hate it. Everyone is happy somehow. Thanks for reading x
Very informative. Thanks
Great list of terms. I use most of these a lot.
very useful – especially to a newbie like me.
This was very helpful and quite informative. Thanks for sharing.
HTML/Coding. gets me every time! I must admit, I just avoid it 🙂 … Great idea for a post! Thanks for linking up! #globalblogging Have a wonderful holiday! x
Very useful – I only wish I had some one to help me with the coding!! #eatsleepblogrt
Nice…. Very fun to read and easy to understand. ☺?
I think “blogosphere” is my favourite, sounds so wonderfully geeky 😀