Bonjour lecteurs! If you follow us on Instagram too, you might have seen that I had a fab breakfast at the (oh so fameux!) Kalifornia Kitchen with Asda and Breast Cancer Care to discuss it all about our dear breasts. And it was not about me eating some yummy vegan pancakes and some pink stuff! Non! This time ladies, I call you all to take the pledge to regularly check your breasts! Because it matters! #BeYourBreastFriend and that’s it! Read on…
Breast Cancer – Did You Know?
- Each year, over 55 000 women are diagnosed with breast cancer (it is actually the most common cancer in the UK!)
- It represents 1 in 8 women
- Men can be affected too!
- Even if 81% of breast cancers occur in ladies aged over 50, we can all be at risk
- Yet, 1 in 2 women don’t check their breast regularly and even 1 in 10 women don’t do it at all!
And when you know how common it is and that diagnosed as early as possible, it can lead to a 99% chance of survival, I say let’s check out our boobies ladies!
Joke apart about those… Next time you visit your local Asda store, take the pledge and #BeYourBreastFriend.
Thanks to the Tickled Pink campaign for Breast Cancer Care and Breast Cancer Now, you will see labels on its lingerie range to remind you to check your boobies! Whatever they look like (melons, grapefruits, babs!), cherish them, ladies!
And there are many signs to look for: lumps, changes, redness, a difference in shape and size… At the end of the day, you best know your breasts so if you have any doubt whatsoever, do not take the risk and get it checked out 🙂
A Lovely Breakfast with Asda & Breast Cancer Care
While attending this event this week, I discovered what signs I should be looking for.
Here are some idées to get you started:
- Look & feel your breasts. You know what is normal for you
- Do it regularly
- Don’t forget to have a look at your armpit area too
- If you notice any change, consult your GP ASAP
Plus, the Asda has a lovely selection of bras and knickers too if you fancy a look.
The brand has been raising money and awareness to help tackle breast cancer for over 21 years now. You can find more info on its Ticked Pink page.
Each time you purchase limited edition Tickled Pink products in store and online, you can help the cause. Or you can also take part in fundraising activities in stores nationwide. It is up to you.
Have a lovely weekend and #BeYourBreastFriend tonight 🙂