Bonjour lecteurs! What is your favourite fruit? Baba absolutely loves bananas. And moi? Well, I like grapes in the form of wine 🙂 Joking! But the cherry season has now arrived and to celebrate it, we took on the #LoveFreshCherries Challenge. Because cherries are so yummy!
Did You know?
Here are some cool facts about cherries for you! They are more than some delicious fruit! Indeed, les cerises have many health benefits:
- 100g of cherries represents 25% of the recommended daily allowance of vitamin C
- They are rich in melatonin, which helps sleep!
- Cerises are full of antioxidants
The Frenchie #LoveFreshCherries Challenge
To celebrate this very tasty fruit that is also so good for you, Love Fresh Cherries gave us the #LoveFreshCherries Challenge. Mission acceptée as Baba loves some good food and it was l’excuse parfaite to bake one sweet treat I love! The clafoutis aux cerises!
It is a very fameux baked French dessert of fruit, traditionally black cherries, arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter.
I have so many food memories of my grandmother baking hers. It would be a weekly treat at this time of the year.
Cherry Clafoutis Recipe
If you want to have a go yourself, here is a super facile recipe from Jamie Oliver:
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
- Mix all the batter ingredients with a pinch of sea salt in a blender or food processor until totally smooth, then set aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease a 25cm round baking dish with the softened butter, then sprinkle over the sugar.
- Dot the cherries (stoned, if you prefer) around the base of the dish, then place in the oven for 5 minutes so the fruit can begin to soften.
- Remove the dish from the oven and pour over the batter until the cherries are just covered. Return to the oven to bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- Dust the clafoutis with icing sugar and serve lukewarm.
All the ingredients are on his website.
Frenchie Mummy was quick to bake it and Baba enjoyed it with a bit of ice-cream.
#LoveFreshCherries Challenge – Mission Accomplie!
Et voilà! Challenge done and dusted!
Both Baba & Grumpy Boyfriend loved an healthy and tasty dessert while Frenchie Mummy remembered some sweet memories from her childhood 🙂
I hope we made you feel like baking your own very Frenchie Cherry Clafoutis… It is so bon, do not resist! Just do it, I promise, it will feel good.
Disclosure: This post is an entry for the BritMums #LoveFreshCherries Challenge, sponsored by Love Fresh Cherries (Instagram: @LoveFreshCherries).
Love a clafoutis – always looks so impressive but not too challenging to produce either. Commenting for myself and on behalf of BritMums and thanking you for taking part.
Lots of great facts and that recipe looks amazing
Frenchie loves cherries and so does Margaret – i go foraging for mine – several ripe trees in our local park just waiting for me !
Lots of great facts thanks!
I have to say since watching the film ‘witches of eastwick’ I cannot eat cherries anymore!
Cherries are my fav! Will try this recipe. Loving the bright outfit too!