‘What the hell is this Frenchie Mummy on now?!’ I can imagine you, readers. You are wondering what I am talking about. Frenchie nanny is coming to London!
Oui, my very own maman is coming to visit us this weekend as she very much wants to kiss the Frenchie Baba. You know that Frenchies are obsessed with kisses, right? Plus the dearest maman has not seen le bébé in months. So I, telling you that she is super looking forward to it is a euphemism! At least. I bet you that I soon she will arrive at Saint Pancras, she will just grab le petit Baba, pinch his big cheeks and kiss him all over the place. And him to give me this look…
I am such a bad daughter, talking about my mum this way. I should not joke about it, especially when she doesn’t see much of her grandson and I feel quite guilty about it. I nearly added to this post title something like ‘Watch out les rosbifs!’ as a joke, but it would have been extremely sarcastic… And that not me at all, right? ?
Let’s be honest, my maman is not that bad. Ok, we have very different lives. I am sure she still wonders what I am doing with Grumpy Boyfriend. Don’t get me wrong, she likes him and finds him very funny but she must think that he is bizarre. My mum will never be rude and tell me anything bad about mon homme but it’s clear that she pictures him as a weirdo…
- He doesn’t like cheese
- He is vegetarian (when he declared it the first time, there was a big silence in the room. In my Frenchie family we love meat!)
- He drinks too many beers (my mum still doesn’t get that it is the English equivalent of le vin rouge… She probably thinks that les anglais are a bit crazy, to say the least…)
So maman is going to turn up. Au course I am happy to see her, but somehow, some parts of me are not feeling like jumping in the air.
C’est simple, I know that my mum will find a lot of stuff not to her taste as soon as she will pass through the door. Here is a (non-exhaustive list):
- Darling, your place is so messy! My mum probably thinks that Grumpy Boyfriend and I live like pigs because I don’t dust every day. She is obsessed with housework. So much that she will notice immediately if you used the bathroom and have not put the towel back in the right place. I swear she has an instinct for it. Even if I put exactly it back like it was, she knows. So yeah, I am the opposite of my mum. I know that as soon as she arrives, she will put the apron on and will want to clean up. But there is un problème, I don’t have an apron! And I don’t iron Grumpy Boyfriend’s clothes either… Don’t tell her. Our flat? Ok, it’s messy, but as I like to point it out, it’s an organised mess. Meaning? I find whatever I need whenever I need it. Almost… I would say in 85% of the time. ?
- My mum will probably disapprove of my blog. She very much believes that I should rather spend all my time on cleaning the house (you would have guessed it if you read carefully the previous bullet point). Frenchie Nanny is the opposite of me again with this kind of things. She is very discrete, whereas I want the entire world to know about our Frenchie world: what Baba eats, what he likes, what he wears… Everything!
- She will surely be shocked about some of Baba’s habits. For example, he doesn’t sleep in his nursery yet. With his heart operation , I didn’t see the rush. And also, I wanted to make sure his wound was close (just in case he hurts himself in his sleep). My excuse this week? His Frenchie grandmother is coming and she will be sleeping in the spare room. We surely don’t want her to wake up at night if Baba has one of his episodes…
Her reaction will be a bit like that:
And I will have to explain myself. When Baba is my son and clearly, I do what I want… And wait to see her face when she sees our sleeping routine!
I better stop here! Otherwise, what kind of image will you have of Frenchie women?! To be totally fair, I am happy to see my mum. We will have a brilliant time and she will be over Baba all the time anyway. We will be fine!
Oh gosh this made me giggle. My mum was the ‘perfect’ house wife, with 4 children she managed to have us and our home spotless whilst cooking meals and looking gorgeous, yep so not me! I am a bad bad housewife, but I too love my blog more than cleaning oops #eatsleepblogRT
I have seen some bits of your house and it’s way better than me lol xx
Ah it is difficult as an EXPAT because when family come to visit there’s no escape. They are with you constantly. It’s a pressure cooker situation! I have a visit life of 4 days max then they really need to go home. ? Thank you for linking up to #EatSleepBlogRT
haha good idea! Thanks for commenting x
I hope the visit went well, I’m sure Baba was a huge distraction from the ‘mess’. My Mum only lives 45 minutes away, but she drives me nuts if I spend too long with her. Have a great week #MMBC
me too lol, to be honest, she was very good and we had a great time. Have lovely week too xx
Haha this made me laugh. My mother in law is always coming round and moaning about the mess! I hope you had a great time with your Mum. #MMBC
yes I did in the end. I think she stopped herself from moaning lol . Basically, she just wanted to see Baba x
#eatlseepblogrt I don’t like sharing my home, I like visiting others – do you prefer to go to hers?
I would rather be in London than France. My family are in a very rural and boring part of France. I really do it as a duty because I have to see them, but I am so happy when I am back in London. I am a nuaghty daughter lol. Thanks for reading x
You are hysterical! My mom-in-law would come (with her apron, becuase like you say, who has an apron) and clean, cook, wash, and tend to Little and Big. It was a dream come true. I would imagine her moving in with us and our chaotic chaos would be streamlined. We would eat, sleep and converse… but, we are doing it our way! I hope you enjoyed your lovely weekend! <3
it was nice. I think my mum really controlled herself lol. Thanks for reading x
She sounds just like my English mummy and sorry to shatter your hopes but it doesn’t get any better – my eldest is close to 18 and my mummy still turns up and tells me everything I am doing wrong with my house and my kids. Wine!!! #globalblogging
oh no! I am so lucky we are not in the same country! And thank god for that we have wine too! lol xx
My Mother in Law and I get on very well! She is coming to visit us in December.. I really can’t wait! You see, she also loves to clean and cook.. So you know what I do? I LET HER!!! Time off for me.. hee hee!!! Does that make a bad? By the time she leaves my house is perfectly clean and my freezer full of food! I hope you have a wonderful time, I am sure Grandma Frenchie will love every minute! #globalblogging