Bridget Jones… C’est moi! No, that’s not me! Or kind of… To many women, she is an example. Maybe not an example, but at least a modern heroine.
So when I was invited to go and see Bridget Jones’s Baby with a plus one (really feeling like a VIP saying that), I dropped it all.
I ditched Baba with Grumpy Boyfriend, tarted myself a little bit more again and off we went! I got in a taxi to the Greenwich Millennium Leisure Park and party time for Frenchie Mummy!
Don’t feel sorry for Grumpy Boyfriend. It was my first ever girls’ night out since Baba’s birth. And it was not like I did it large! I was home by 11pm.
He didn’t struggle too much anyway. He called his auntie to help him and look after the baby for him. She must have thought that I was the worst mum on the planet, abandoning my 8 months old baby to a clueless man for more than 4 hours! But never mind; I wanted to have fun.
I could not say no, because Bridget Jones, c’est la référence.
You are all with me on this ladies, right?
She is the real deal:
- She drinks and smokes too much
- She eats a lot of food
- She counts the calories
- She kissed a couple of toads before meeting le Prince Charmant
- She is clumsy
- She is rubbish at cooking
- She wears very short skirts
- Her mum is a bit of a maniac
- She falls in love with an asshole
- Then she falls in love again with a grumpy man (but he happens to be the one!)
- She loves writing a diary
- She experiences some fashion fails
Mais oui, c’est moi!!!
So, you would have understood it. I love her. No. Let’s be honest! I love Mark Darcy.
Can I tell you a secret? I always had a little (a massive!!!) crush on Colin Firth. I love his character. He is the perfect one. Cold, posh, taciturn, but yet, he is romantic (he goes out in the snow to get Bridget a new diary when she said he was the worst man ever) and a hero (he saved her from jail in the second movie, remember?).
So now, I suppose you want to know all about my fabulous night with Colin, right? Oh no, pardon! He was not there.
But that’s ok. Because Frenchie Mummy had a fantastic night. Thanks to Carousel PR, we started off the night with some drinks and appetisers at Prezzo.
We then headed off to Pizza Hut Restaurant where I had way too much food! Olives, cheese, wine, pizza, more wine, more pizza, more drinks!
The party was going on! Eventually, we ended up at the Odeon Cinema to watch le film!!!!
I am sorry if you were expecting a full review of the movie. It clearly didn’t happen. I got a bit carried away. I started thinking about Colin Firth, and then all the food and the wine I had that night… So I got a bit distracted, to say the least.
All you need to know is that the movie is great! If you liked the two others, you will love it! Yes, Bridget Jones is getting older but surely not wiser! Thank god for that! That’s the way we love her!
Here are 10 reasons to go and see the movie, in case you still want to know:
- Colin Firth
- Colin Firth
- Colin Firth
Pardon! I got a bit confused again… More seriously. The movie is the perfect girls’ night out:
- the story is funny
- there is a cute baby in it
- there are 2 handsome men too (it’s always a bonus…)
- all the characters from the previous episodes are back
- Emma Thompson is in it and her character is awesome!
- Bridget’s sense of humour is fully intact
- I can’t help but love her!
- It will remind you of the good old times (you know, the ones when you imagined yourself as a Bridget Jones. Admit it! We all did it…)
- A lot of good comic actors are in it (you know how proud you are when you see an actor in a movie and you can say what they played in before? Well, I had that feeling many times!)
- A rom-com is always good, especially when you are a mummy!
So what are you waiting for? Call an old friend you have not seen for too long (being too busy at being a super maman) and book your tickets now! You won’t regret it. I promise! I loved it so much that I put the two first movies on our LoveFilm list for Grumpy Boyfriend and I to watch them again! Don’t tell him. He is not aware of it yet!
I would like to say a massive thank you to Carousel PR for organising and inviting me to see Bridget Jones’s Baby. My plus one was well impressed. She is now convinced that I am a kind of a star…
Dear PR agencies, if you are reading this post right now and you like it beaucoup, Frenchie Mummy can certainly oblige and write something as fabuleux as this for the brands or companies that you represent. Feel free to contact me and invite me to other wonderful events (especially if Colin Firth is attending). I can’t wait to leave Baba with Grumpy Boyfriend and have fun like I am 20 years old again!
Yours sincerely forever (or at least as long as I keep blogging…)