When we received an amazing box full of Aldi Mamia’s award-winning 100% organic baby food products with the challenge #MamiaDaysout by Britmums, we were delighted. So much indeed that we called some friends and put a date in the diary to have a picnic all together.
The hamper was perfect for this type of occasion. Not only we had an amazing basket, but also a £5 voucher to spend in the shop. Look at all the food featured in the box!
- Mamia Juniors Apple Mini Rice Cakes 7months+
- Mamia Juniors Raspberry Mini Rice Cakes 7months+
- Mamia Organic Apple & Blackcurrant Juice 4months+
- Mamia 4 pack of Apple & pear fruit pots 4months+
- Mamia Organic Banana’s & Apples Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Apple & Strawberry Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Mango, Apple & Banana Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Apples, Carrots & Parsnips Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Apple, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash & Blueberry 4months+
Baba was well curieux about it all. It was more than obvious that he was looking forward to his first ever picnic!
The day arrived and obviously, it was raining! Picnic cancelled. Our friends were coming over from the North-East of London (we are in the South-East), so we had to do something good. Eventually, we ended up having some food at a great French café that I know in the area.
And what about Baba, would you tell me? Of course, he was very disappointed about the picnic. He still had the food, though…. Nothing stopped him from eating it. He particularly liked the Apple, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash & Blueberry 4months+.
But a promise is a promise so we had a picnic à la maison. Here are our top tips to organise the best Frenchie picnic at home!
- Lay down a warm blanket on the floor.
- Make sure that all your baby’s friends are here. Mickey, Yoda from Star Wars, Sophie la Girafe, Peter the Rabbit… All his best mates must be present for the big event.
- Get the food out. Don’t bother with forks and knives… It might get dangereux anyway!
- Bring the baby and accessorily Grumpy Boyfriend. Who would not want to join the fun?!
- Already, the baby is rolling all over the place and starts biting his toys, sorry his friends around him.
- Explain to the baby that we are all going to have a picnic indoors: him, Maman, Papa and all his friends.
- Le bébé is puzzled. At best, he finds that you are acting weird. Truly, he thinks that you are bonkers for talking to Winnie the Pooh and Yoda.
- The only thing he wants is eating the food he has around him.
- Let’s be honest, you never feed your baby.
- La preuve, he is starving. He starts eating the packaging of those Mamia products!
- After a good 5 minutes fighting with the baby so that he behaves himself and acts like a civilised person, you just give up (Grumpy Boyfriend had left the boat for a while now… Apparently, he had some work to do, but secretly, you know that he was bored of playing with the toys…)
- Just grab the baby, leave the mess in the room and feed him with the first pouch you can grab.
Life is exhausting. La morale de l’histoire? Don’t attempt to have a picnic with a 8 months old baby indoors to create a magical moment for him. He won’t get you. Worse. He will probably start thinking that you are a very crazy Maman…
Thank god for that, Baba ate the Mamia food we were sent and that moment was fast forgotten.
Thanks to Britmums and Aldi for sending to us this gorgeous goodie box full of snacks from the Mamia range.
Frenchie Mummy will not give up. The basket will be handy when the weather gets better and we can all have a proper picnic!
And now for the full story in pictures, it’s here 😄.
This post is an entry for BritMums #MamiaDaysOut Linky Challenge, sponsored by Aldi Mamia.