When we received an amazing box full of Aldi Mamia’s award-winning 100% organic baby food products with the challenge #MamiaDaysout by Britmums, we were delighted. So much indeed that we called some friends and put a date in the diary to have a picnic all together.
The hamper was perfect for this type of occasion. Not only we had an amazing basket, but also a £5 voucher to spend in the shop. Look at all the food featured in the box!
- Mamia Juniors Apple Mini Rice Cakes 7months+
- Mamia Juniors Raspberry Mini Rice Cakes 7months+
- Mamia Organic Apple & Blackcurrant Juice 4months+
- Mamia 4 pack of Apple & pear fruit pots 4months+
- Mamia Organic Banana’s & Apples Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Apple & Strawberry Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Mango, Apple & Banana Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Apples, Carrots & Parsnips Squeezy Pouch 4months+
- Mamia Organic Apple, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash & Blueberry 4months+
Baba was well curieux about it all. It was more than obvious that he was looking forward to his first ever picnic!
The day arrived and obviously, it was raining! Picnic cancelled. Our friends were coming over from the North-East of London (we are in the South-East), so we had to do something good. Eventually, we ended up having some food at a great French café that I know in the area.
And what about Baba, would you tell me? Of course, he was very disappointed about the picnic. He still had the food, though…. Nothing stopped him from eating it. He particularly liked the Apple, Sweet Potato, Butternut Squash & Blueberry 4months+.
But a promise is a promise so we had a picnic à la maison. Here are our top tips to organise the best Frenchie picnic at home!
- Lay down a warm blanket on the floor.
- Make sure that all your baby’s friends are here. Mickey, Yoda from Star Wars, Sophie la Girafe, Peter the Rabbit… All his best mates must be present for the big event.
- Get the food out. Don’t bother with forks and knives… It might get dangereux anyway!
- Bring the baby and accessorily Grumpy Boyfriend. Who would not want to join the fun?!
- Already, the baby is rolling all over the place and starts biting his toys, sorry his friends around him.
- Explain to the baby that we are all going to have a picnic indoors: him, Maman, Papa and all his friends.
- Le bébé is puzzled. At best, he finds that you are acting weird. Truly, he thinks that you are bonkers for talking to Winnie the Pooh and Yoda.
- The only thing he wants is eating the food he has around him.
- Let’s be honest, you never feed your baby.
- La preuve, he is starving. He starts eating the packaging of those Mamia products!
- After a good 5 minutes fighting with the baby so that he behaves himself and acts like a civilised person, you just give up (Grumpy Boyfriend had left the boat for a while now… Apparently, he had some work to do, but secretly, you know that he was bored of playing with the toys…)
- Just grab the baby, leave the mess in the room and feed him with the first pouch you can grab.
Life is exhausting. La morale de l’histoire? Don’t attempt to have a picnic with a 8 months old baby indoors to create a magical moment for him. He won’t get you. Worse. He will probably start thinking that you are a very crazy Maman…
Thank god for that, Baba ate the Mamia food we were sent and that moment was fast forgotten.
Thanks to Britmums and Aldi for sending to us this gorgeous goodie box full of snacks from the Mamia range.
Frenchie Mummy will not give up. The basket will be handy when the weather gets better and we can all have a proper picnic!
And now for the full story in pictures, it’s here ?.
This post is an entry for BritMums #MamiaDaysOut Linky Challenge, sponsored by Aldi Mamia.
I love the Mamia range! Looks like you had a lovely indoor teddy bear’s picnic!
Hi Cecile, OoooOooooo I am rather partial to mini rice cakes myself, so baby would have had none of those had I been there. I think it’s going to be a while before little one appreciates magical moments, but never give up!…. Love the basket too.
Hahaha…he’s so cute and yes, he’s probably wondering why you’re talking to his toys but what’s a picnic without soft toy friends? I do love an indoor picnic. My kids know that that is always a big treat, there’s nothing like “picnic food”. Thanks for joining with us at #bigpinklink
Any picnic with a famous mouse and Yoda is a winner in my book! What a hamper too! Thanks for linking up with #FridayFrolics
Have not tried anything by this brand before so nice to see good reviews
thanks , they are really good. Thanks for reading, hope to see you soon
oh he is an angle!!! Poor Yoda lol #sundaybest
I think it’s standard that babies on picnics consume 50% food, 50% grass! In the summer anyway! Thanks for linking up to #FridayFrolics
This food looks yummy! The good news is the indoor picnic becomes much more gratefully received as they get older. My two now love an indoor picnic and they feel like they’ve had a fun day and I haven’t even had to get dressed!
haha. brownie point then lol, thanks for reading x
Indoor picnics definitely better at this time of year that outdoor ones!! Looks like he had a fun time of it anyway!! #FridayFrolics
He had, just destroying everything lol. thankd for reading
Oh wow what an amazing selection on snacks and food! We are long past these sort of snacks really which is a shame as they were a lot quicker than preparing a full on picnic #fortheloveofblog
What a pity about the rain! Who doesn’t love a quaint French Cafe though? WIN! I’m sure Baba enjoyed every moment of his adorable picnic with close friends! Mickey probably kept him giggling for ages! 🙂 Loved the little basket of goodies you received! Mamia looks like a great brand! Thanks for linking up lovely. Hope to see you next week! #GlobalBlogging
Thanks for having me and feel free to tweet about it, I will RT, so excited that you have a linky! x
Thanks love! Missed you this week !!X
My little lady loves the ‘squidgeys’ from the Mamia range. A picnic sounds lovely, we love picnics, it’s just a shame about the rain! #SundayBest
I know but I am not giving up! One day, it will happen lol, thanks for reading x
So cute, he’s loving his picnic with his little buddies and his yummy yummy super scrummy food. #fortheloveofBLOG
haha, so many compliments, thanks x
Love an indoor picnic and live Aldi too. Really lovely post #sundaybest
Merci for reading, hope to see you soon x
Love the Aldi Mamia range and so affordable too Great post, might throw my own indoor picnic with my little man! #Globalblogging
Who needs a picnic outdoors anyway, being inside is just as fun, and warmer! Wow you certainly got a lot of food in the hamper for baba. It’s so exciting trying them on new foods, I hope he enjoyed tasting everything. Thanks so much for linKing up at #fortheloveofBLOG. Claire z
The efforts we go to for our children!thanks for linking up to #SundayBest x
Ha ha ha all the things we have to do for our little darlings! Sometimes inside is better and it looks like you got some great bits for bubba!
Thanks for linking to #ablogginggoodtime
Haha – we like a picnic in the house! Of course, with toddlers the issue is subsequently explaining that we will not now eat all meals on a blanket on the carpet! The mamia range looks good.
Thanks so much for joining us for #FridayFrolics. Hope to see you next time.
Love this range! My daughter tries to eat the packaging too and shouts at me loudly if I don’t get it unwrapped quickly enough. Thanks for linking to #chucklemums! xx
Best for him to learn at an early age that picnics never turn out as good as you imagine they will. Wasps, sand in sandwiches, etc. #chucklemums
haha you are right, thanks for reading x